The Group Strategy Director, VP develops and champions strategic insights for a group of accounts within the agency to ensure strategic planning quality and business growth. He/she is responsible for partnering with the Group Account Director (GAD) to set the strategic direction on an account, identify priorities and stimulate business development. Provides strategic planning expertise including market analysis, audience insights, and program recommendations while supporting best practice development among assigned strategic planners. Job Responsibilities
- Provide a point of view for opportunity identification and business development based on the marketing context as well as client priorities and culture
- Understand the environment for a marketing challenge or opportunity including marketplace dynamics, purchasing ecosystem and competitive alternatives
- Develop a strategic platform and champions it across account to unify projects and create bigger impact
- Partner with GAD to position agency offerings against the business opportunity
Support the success of the strategic planning team assigned to the account(s).
- Collaborate with strategic planning discipline lead on performance reviews
- Manages workload and staffing to align resources with account demands
Responsible for ensuring standards of quality for strategic planning on the account.
- Mentor and provide oversight to Strategic Planners and Associate Strategic Planners assigned to account
- Ensure knowledge transfer across account
- Identify and champion best practices
Develop deep understanding of the target audience, whether B2B buyer, consumer or channel partner.
- Including: needs, environment, rational and emotional mindset, attitudes, business and purchasing dynamics, channels of purchase, etc.
Effectively communicate these insights to the integrated agency team to inform marketing strategy and program design.
- Market POVs
- Strategic Recommendations
Author the “story” to be communicated via marketing: develops the messaging framework and key messages to motivate the desired behavior in a target audience.
- Messaging frameworks
- Target Personas
- Creative Briefs and/or Content Briefs
- General advocacy for the target throughout the strategic and creative development cycle
Be an advocate and “truth-teller”: Help facilitate the creative, interactive and campaign development process by acting as a resource for internal teams and a conscience for the target audience. Manage primary and secondary research efforts related to the development of insights.
- Primary research brief/RFP; vendor evaluation and overall project management including review/collaboration on screeners, questionnaires, reports, etc.
- Secondary research collection, review and synthesis.
- Conclusions and recommendations based on research.
Collaborate with agency integrated marketing team to develop marketing strategy based on insights and best practices.
- Program definition
- Relationship marketing contact strategies
- Program elements/tactics
- Measurement/optimization strategy
The right candidate should be:
- Passionate, curious & adaptive
- Able to rapidly consume & synthesize information
- Adept at distilling clarity from chaos & ambiguity
- At home in a fast-paced, challenging work environment