About the Role:
We are looking for a User Experience Architect to help support user experience needs on all GM brands’ global websites. The ideal candidate will have a blend of creative and technical skills and will be confident as well as proactive. S/he will have the ability to present ideas and negotiate solutions with Clients in a professional and polished manner. This position is based out of the Birmingham office with infrequent needs for travel.
User Experience Architects report to the Associate Director of User Experience (ADUX), and are responsible for initiating and facilitating a sound user experience design process, creating flexible information organization and navigation strategies, and setting interaction requirements that promote engaging experiences. The ideal candidate will work closely with clients and/or business analysts to help translate business requirements into innovative informational consumer sites.
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director of User Experience (ADUX) and/or User Experience Director (UXD), develop documentation for digital experiences including overall user experience, functional specifications, navigational structure, architecture map, schematics, user scenarios and task models.
- Strategically integrate graphical, editorial and functional elements into a user interface, addresses usability issues and tests prototypes.
- Collaborate with designers and writers in creating concepts and ideation.
- Advocate for the user.
- Submit work to ADUX and/or DUX for review and approval.
- May present to clients.
Education and Experience:
- Preferably 1-3 years of experience primarily as an IA or User Experience practitioner in an Internet consulting environment or in the e-business area of a large corporation.
- Experience working on transactional sites.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with user-centered design principles and user analysis techniques.
- Basic understanding of Content Management systems and portal environments a plus.
- Must have client management experience, excellent communication skills and be a proven team-player.
- Ability to understand and integrate business needs and strategy with technology and end-user needs.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in the field.
- Documentation Tools:
- Experience with Visio and Axure are required.
- Prior knowledge with OmniGraffle or iRise, Photoshop and InDesign is a plus.
- Browser and Platforms:
- Experience with the common browsers (IE, Chrome, Mozilla, Safari) is required.
- Experience with mobile designs for iOS and touch interface are a plus.
MRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-6310
- b) Dedicated E-mail – email@example.com
- c) US Mail – 360 W. Maple Birmingham, MI 48009
- d) Dedicated Phone – 248-203-8000