This Project Manager, Digital Strategy position, will support the production of web and ecommerce projects. S/he will report to the Program Manager, Digital Strategy and collaborate closely with Clients, Project Managers, Creative, UX, Quality Assurance and Development teams.
Our ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. This person will have a sense of urgency, attention to detail and the ability to work under tight/aggressive deadlines while managing multiple projects and changing project scope. Knowledge of the site development process and best practices is a plus. This role requires the ability to work independently, manage client and partner relationships, as well as taking direction from other team members to support site production and additional channels. S/he will interface with internal Clients, third-party venders, third party development teams and Advertising/Marketing Clients, so a curiosity for the big picture, as well as, the ability to foster key relationships is important.
- Responsible for the creation of a production plan inclusive of on time, budget and successful delivery of production projects via internal and external personnel.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time. These could be with multiple clients and across multiple lanes of business.
- Identify project resource requirements and facilitate staffing of production need, project needs with support from management.
- Coordinate production activities with resources and teams in other offices as necessary.
- Facilitate internal written and verbal status communication.
- Lead identification and mitigation of production issues and risks.
- Review project briefs, status reports, maintain issue lists; provide formal escalation of risk and issues and other written communication as required day-to-day and for the successful delivery of production projects.
- Support operation and development groups by following departmental policies and procedures; promptly and accurately completing timesheets, attending mandatory information sessions regarding important aspects of our business.
- Perform Asset Quality Reviews (AQRs) and work with internal creative, proofing, and legal teams to resolve any issues identified while using ProofHQ.
- Coordinate after-hours launch support across internal and external stakeholders and lead production launches initiatives.
- Manage internal operational workflows and Egnyte spaces (MRM’s document management system).
- Facilitate meetings and conference calls with agencies and clients at an intermediate to senior level.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role in a web development firm, IT consulting firm, strategy consulting firm, or agency environment; or equivalent transferable client-side experience. (Data architecture experience a plus but not required)
- Preferred experience includes: knowledge of software development lifecycle methodology, practical knowledge of software quality management and testing techniques, knowledge of contemporary web software QA tools and methodologies, utilities, programming and command languages in use by production development team.
- Clear thinker, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills and who can operate independently.
- Team builder who can develop and maintain strong relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both internally and externally.
- Ability to advise and guide colleagues in a supportive, interactive fashion ensuring that programs are agreed, targets set and deadlines achieved.
- Comfort level with production tools and proprietary software (ProofHQ, MS Project, MS Office, Outlook).
- Strong client communication skills.
- Work effectively with partners and/or suppliers to deliver an overall solution to the client.
- Demonstrated management skills including coaching and mentoring other Project Managers and Associate Project Managers.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects as one cohesive program.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working in an ambiguous and changing environment.
NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED.
MRM is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. MRM participates in e-Verify.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-2462
- b) Dedicated E-mail – Careers@mwgdetroit.com
- c) US Mail – ATTN: Human Resources, 360 W. Maple Birmingham, MI 48009
- d) Dedicated Phone – 248-203-8000