The Senior Art Director will execute advertising materials that are consistent with the agreed strategy and work closely with the production team to come up with the best possible creative solutions for that job. It is also the responsibility of the Senior Art Director to produce bold, strategic and persuasive products in all media for our clients and complies with quality standards for the team. The Senior Art Director will work closely with upper management to identify and suggest solutions on how to improve departmental and team morale. Project workload will consist of (but is not limited to) designing for email blasts, landing pages and print pieces. Email and site experience are required, print experience is a plus.
- Develops concepts and collaborates with the production team as needed.
- Builds relationships with appropriate agency creative leads.
- Works productively and harmoniously as a teammate with Copywriters and production/producers who share the responsibility on the given assignment.
- Collaborates with Copywriter and Information Architects in concepting and ideation.
- Presents concepts to other departments if necessary and revises concepts according to comments.
- Updates recommendations based on any client comments and shares approved recommendations with all departments.
- Works with CAOR on creative needs.
- Gives input when images are scanned for high resolution and retouching.
- Meets with project management to review work in progress and selects desired concepts.
- Submits work to senior leadership for review and approval.
Education and Experience:
- 5-7+ years of experience within digital marketing or a comparable industry.
- Art education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
- Portfolio is required to demonstrate creative and technical skills.
- Knowledge in the latest trends of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Demonstrated judgment and imagination for the creation and arrangement of the visual elements of an advertisement.
- Experience with online content (websites, email, interactive tools, search).
- Experience with Responsive design is a plus.
- Must be skilled in art techniques as well as computer proficient.
- Knowledge of current graphic design trends and techniques.
- Experience with digital design principles and best practices for the various digital platforms and channels.
- Previous experience as an Art Director/Associate Art Director required.
- Passion for design and a love of type.
- Ability to inspire and mentor junior level art directors and designer.
- Experience with print pieces is a plus.
- Experience in emerging platforms (mobile, tablets, etc) is a plus.
- Skilled in art techniques as well as computer proficient.
- Motivated, self-starter with a action oriented and can-do attitude.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects, sticking to deadlines and ensuring high-quality error-free output.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
MRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-6310 b) Dedicated E-mail – email@example.com