Job Title: Account Director
About this role: Leads and ensures the agency is delivering on necessary expectations. Manage the service expectations of the client through open and honest discussions between agency and client management. Builds and maintains a solid client relationship based on mutual trust and respect through the creation of a customized team. Partners with Creative, Strategy and Operations Leads to deliver work that is innovative, on strategy and within budget and timing parameters.
- Manages the day to day senior clients
- Participates in monthly executive client creative reviews
- Ensures successful development and completion of the client engagement
- Maintains a superior relationship with all departments in the agency and understands the strategic goals of the account and contributes to their communication to the agency team
- Ensures the agency is giving its highest quality, meets client objectives and also leads the category
- Responsible for profitable growth by adding new divisions or assignments.
- Manage and mentor junior level team members
- Builds client business - Identifies short term and long term opportunities, business building as well as learning
- Develops in collaboration with finance and department heads yearly SOW
- Reports on account performance
- Identifies best and new practices, which drive efficiency and effectiveness of the agency to deliver against the clients objectives
- Develops new initiatives through thorough understanding of the client’s content area
- Aggressively pursues new ways to contribute to overall agency and client revenue and profitability
- Works closely with project management for the successful execution of projects
- 10+ years of Agency experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized and creative problem solving skills, and detail oriented
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal department relationships
- Ability to interact with, and manage clients with decision making responsibility
- Experience with budgets and finance savvy
- Ability to translate business and marketing requirements into viable solutions
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge of several areas including [online] online advertising, digital metrics, web development.[offline] print advertising, direct mail marketing, sales collateral / print marketing
MRM//McCann is committed to being the most relevant, effective, indispensable marketing agency in the digital world. We are a leading Customer Experience Agency that puts people first. We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to meet each client’s unique challenges with positive, measureable results. Our strategic, creative and technological expertise-including deep experience with segmentation, targeting, and analytical tools and methodologies- deliver the most effective marketing programs and platforms in the world.
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.