We are one of the largest 4 A’s Marketing Analytics Agencies operating in Asia Pacific and are currently seeking a serious Senior Data Scientist to join a team who will be responsible for a variety of highly visible global, regional and local client programs and projects within a top 10 global client and one of the most recognizable brands in the world.
The Data Scientist will actively build, enhance and optimize multiple statistical models built upon technology specific variables to help make informed business decisions from large data sets (hundreds of millions of records).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Join a team of Data Science analysts
- Design standard methods to advanced analytics projects – e.g. behavioral segmentation, propensity modelling, cluster analysis
- Apply advanced quantitative tools, statistical modeling techniques, and data mining procedures to derive customer insights, solve business problems, and provide actionable recommendations that drive clients’ business performance
- Design and develop a work plan or methodology, manage and quality-control of Analytics projects
- Partner with Data Operations team to ensure campaign tracking and data assets are sufficient
- Assess project scope, provide accurate time and cost estimates, manage resources to ensure timely delivery within aggressive timelines
- Partner with Data Solutions team to turn insights into action
- Develop client presentations consisting of key findings, insights, and recommendations from analysis results and present final deliverables to the client
- Influence key client decision-makers who will support the development of marketing programmes that use data, and produce substantial cost savings/ROI uplift
- Provide clients with a greater understanding of their customer base, current and future, its profitability and the opportunity it represents. This will involve using reporting, targeting models, segmentation solutions, market research, technology initiatives and data mining
- Strong academic qualifications, preferably with an advanced degree (MS, MA, PhD) in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, business, economics, operations research)
- 6-8 years business experience using analytics to drive business/marketing results in B2C and B2B environment
- Extensive experience in advanced analytics such as customer segmentation (e.g. cluster analysis, latent class analysis, decision tree), predictive modeling (e.g. linear and logistic regression models), association analysis, time series analysis, Bayesian statistics, etc.
- Strong knowledge of, and keen curios interest in the latest Technology
- Strong business and marketing acumen; demonstrated ability to develop analytic approaches to solve critical business problems, sometimes within a technical environment.
- 3-5+ years of experience in managing analytic resources; proven ability to train, coach, and mentor junior team members
- Excellent communications and presentational skills; previous experience in a client service-oriented role is a plus
- Exceptional problem solving skills; proficiency in statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, R, Python and database management tools such as SQL
- Great command of verbal and written English
- Articulate, versatile, resourceful and self-motivated, with a team-oriented approach. Will work well under pressure and understand how to develop and make the most of relationships across a number of disciplines. Must be able to quickly understand problems and be capable of providing innovative, pragmatic and workable solutions.
Those with required experience only please forward your resume to Ada.Wong@mrm-mccann.com