Position: Digital Media Planner – Emphasis on Social Platforms
MRM//McCann East is looking to add talent to our quickly growing media team. The selected candidate will join a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team that services a global education client, for whom we are the AOR.
We offer an environment that is challenging, creative and supports individual professional development. Our team members increase depth of experience in key focus areas, while also gaining “big picture” perspective through daily interaction with account services, strategy, creative, search, social and performance teams. Learning opportunities extend beyond the account assignment; to other MRM//McCann-led marketing initiatives, across sectors, geographies and audiences, due to a well-established “sharing” culture.
Key Responsibilities: Under the close guidance and mentoring of a Media Supervisor:
- Participate in all-hands brand planning, performance evaluation and optimization across all media channels (~15%)
- Plan, execute and optimize paid social activities across Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter, working very closely with an in-house social team that manages each of the client’s thriving communities (~50% - detail below)
- Assist with trafficking, reporting and billing, across all media channels (~30%)
- Attend non-social media partner presentations, read industry trades and stay updated on digital marketing trends (~5%)Paid Social Activity – A-to-Z responsibility for Planning, Buying and Management
- Maintain relationships with all major social platforms; staying up to speed on all developments (new ad formats, targeting capabilities, et al.) and gaining consideration for beta test inclusion
- Orchestrate educational sessions for the internal team, to review best practices, industry trends, cases, et al.
- Recommend targeting criteria, placements, bid rules, weight, scheduling, et al.
- Project contributions to client goals
- Review ad specs with the social team and/or production department
- Traffic assets and QA
- Review campaign data, extract insights and optimize
- Reconcile billing and manage budgets
- Experience: 2yrs minimum digital media planning and buying; must include significant experience w/2+ major social platforms
- Traits: Ambitious, curious, creative, independent, productive
- Soft Skills:
- Exceptional verbal/written communication
- Strong mathematical and analytical acumen
- Attention to detail
- Ad management platforms (DoubleClick, Atlas or other)
- Excel, PPT, Word, et al.
- Bonus Points:
- Education or casual dining (national franchise)
- China, India
- College students/young professionals
- Digital planning tools (ComScore MediaMetrix or other)
- Site-side tracking platforms (Google Analytics or other)
- Workflow systems (Mediavisor, Prisma or other)