We are looking for a motivated individual to join us as an Account Director on a 1 year fixed term basis to work on one of MRM's largest CRM clients.
The core purpose of this Account Director role is to define, implement and deliver a European-wide communications contact plan that is best in class. This role will work very closely with the client and will spend 3 days on site (Luton) and 2 days in our offices in Southwark (London). The Account Director should become a trusted partner to this client, working alongside colleagues in the planning team to develop proactive and responsive strategic proposals, which drive value for the business. They will also work closely with MRM’s operations team to oversee the delivery of key constitute parts of this customer communications plan.
Specific Responsibilities and duties related to this role:
- Liaise with all appropriate cross-functional client stakeholders and manage the use of data, in close conjunction with the MRM planning and analytics team, to develop appropriate insights and establish customer experience priorities for the European Contact Plan.
- Plan and manage the Contact Plan containing a co-ordinated set of customer contact points/experiences that are aligned to the client’s key defined customer journey lifecycle stages.
- Manage an ‘ownership’ matrix for the Contact Plan and work closely with key stakeholders, providing support on key customer insights and customer experience priorities, as well as a common documentation format for all contact points on the wider communications plan.
- Drive up-take and delivery of the contact plan within all European markets.
- Co-ordinate and own specific customer experience contact points within the wider communications plan (includes establishing required data, KPI’s, reporting metrics, creative design and development and execution).
- Monitor and report on overall implementation of the contact plan, including devising reporting formats/dashboards with the MRM planning team, incorporating campaign engagement performance, data quality and customer dashboard metrics.
- Hold regular immersion days and workshops with European markets and central stakeholders.
Commercial and financial
- Establish yourself as the Account Lead in the eyes of the client and develop excellent relationships at senior level with budget holders.
- Become an adviser to the client, working with colleagues both in the agency and client-side to develop proactive and responsive strategic proposals which drive value for the client
- Be accountable for client revenue targets, ensuring accurate forecasting and a focus on growing targets on a continuous basis – ensure that your team understand the numbers and what it means to them over the financial year
- Identify and make recommendations for business growth within your account. Develop customer insights and establish priorities.
- Oversee the development, presentation and negotiation of cost estimates as formal budgets to the client, ensuring that costs are managed and budgets adhered to
- Ensure all account billing processes are followed, including the receipt of Purchase Orders, the drafting of Invoices and the preparation of monthly reporting relating to projects
- Develop a strong partnership with the client, becoming embedded in their team and work collaboratively to understand their customer journey.
- Develop and utilise customer insights to establish priorities as well as a mechanism to provide feedback, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Establish and manage a European cross-functional working group to support and align on implementation of initiatives.
Account and Project Organisation and Management
- Take overall responsibility for the account team’s timely and thorough management of the account, ensuring projects delivered are of a high standard, on budget and meet budget.
- Ensure timings plans are adhered to, identifying potential risks and leading the team to resolve issues where needed.
- Ensure compliance to company reporting and legal procedures as well as the management of the client account to the terms of any contractual agreements
- Be accountable for the timeliness and accuracy of all written documents relating to your client accounts, generated by yourself, your account team and the broader client team
Delivering Great Product
- Lead the agency’s strategic and creative response to briefs, helping to evaluate in terms of quality and budget and benchmarking against objectives/KPIs set
- You will lead the team in taking and translating briefs from clients at all levels, ensuring that internal briefs are of a consistently high standard.
- Oversee all work going through creative/studio including the delegation of specific tasks based on requirements of the brief
- Formal evaluation of completed campaigns and sharing of results
- To continually push creative boundaries, striving for excellence in all brief responses
- Take responsibility for reviewing creative work in an objective and constructive manner, working closely with Creative Services and the Creative Team to achieve outstanding results
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have worked with a major brand already, specifically in developing CRM and CX strategies/ initiatives.
- Knowledge in key subject areas of CRM, customer journey planning and customer data and insights best practices.
- Able to analyse and interpret customer data and clearly draw conclusions/insights from this
- Ability to understand technical projects, and evidence of having done so in the past
- A strong understanding of the marketing industry with 4+ years’ experience gained in an agency or client-side marketing environment
- A rich understanding in at least one core relevant marketing specialism (Direct/CRM/CX /Data/Integrated)
- An experienced and skilled Project Manager with the ability to multi-task across numerous projects
- Demonstrable experience in working on more strategic briefs with clear objectives and related ROI reporting
- An experienced and articulate writer of conceptual and strategic briefs who is able to review creative work objectively, working with the Creatives as one team
- Experienced in campaign management with a deep understanding of creative and print processes
- Highly numerate with a strong understanding of financial management and profitability
- Negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong written communication skills demonstrated through excellent brief and proposals writing
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Confident and engaging presenter with experience in working on high level presentations
- Good experience in managing and developing people understanding when and how to delegate, staying involved. but empowering and motivating your team to deliver
- Relevant automotive sector experience would be advantageous, as would professional qualifications
- Relevant experience working on a global or European-wide account would also be desirable.