About this role: The Sr. Digital Project Manager is responsible for managing the successful execution of assigned campaigns. In this capacity, the Senior Digital Project Manager is responsible for supervising profitable delivery of campaigns on-time, and on budget, while meeting client expectations. Importantly, Project Managers ensure that MRM//McCann project standards are enforced.
- Drive and coordinate the creation and refinement of the campaign scope (schedule and financial estimates)
- Manage the execution of the campaign within the agreed upon campaign scope
- Identify out of scope activities and manages change requests with the account team and the client
- Initiate and manage the financial tracking process. Work closely with Client Accounting to ensure financial tracking and provide regular status on current spend, alignment with project timeline and resources
- Ensure financial tracking and provide regular status on current spend, alignment with project timeline and resources
- Coordinate the identification and sourcing of internal and external resources needed for the campaign
- Manage and communicate status to the internal project team. Ensure that issues and risks are properly escalated and resolved
- Ensure that MRM/McCann project management standards (processes, tools, milestones and approvals) are enforced
- Develop, maintain and communicate overall campaign/project roadmaps, timelines and schedules
- Develop and maintain campaign stakeholder matrix
- Initiate and conduct internal team status meetings, document risks, and issues
- Communicate and escalate project issues and risks as appropriate
- Establish and enforce project management knowledge and processes
- Schedule and conduct project audits with internal management
- Work with Account Management to identify core team leads and communicate potential resource requirements (local / cross-office)
- Complete project setup activities
- Complete and communicate the internal planning schedule for Discover and Plan phases
- Develop a campaign stakeholder matrix
- Develop a campaign risk assessment
- Determine, document and communicate the knowledge management processes
- Develop campaign communications plan
- Develop, refine and finalize campaign BOM, detailed schedule, and project estimate (including agency hours and fees, services to be performed by affiliated agencies, and third-party costs)
- Assist account management in assembling and preparing all documentation regarding project scope
- Work with core team leads to assign extended team resources
- Run/Facilitate Project Kick-Off meeting with extended team
Execution and Control
- Continually manage the development of assets through execution and delivery against the campaign schedule and work plan
- Conduct internal copy/layout review(s) with the core team
- Conduct review of final assets with client.
- Ensure completion of production activities
- Identify, complete and process change orders as appropriate. Involve account management.
- Process write-offs as appropriate
- Lead an internal post-mortem team meeting
- Provides final status on project profitability, timing, and actual work time vs. estimated
- Maintain project history documentation for all projects (e.g. all rounds of creative, change orders, correspondence, estimates, final release mechanicals and printed samples). Ensure all campaign estimates; deliverables and associated IP are appropriately stored in accessible file sharing system.
- Bachelor degree preferred (but will consider work experience)
- Minimum 6+ years of project management experience managing large customer oriented complex projects. PMI certification a strong plus
- Marketing agency and/or experience working in a Marketing organization. Specific experience working with direct mail, print advertising and online marketing (including HTML email, web banners, web site development, among others) a plus
- Strong negotiation skills with an assertive approach
- Strong sense of ownership of process and results
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, writing, and verbal skills
- Highly adaptable, organized, and detail oriented with an ability to influence others in these areas
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems and multi-task
- Highly computer-literate with practical experience utilizing MS Project and other project management tools
- PMP Certification preferred
At MRM, Relationship is our Middle name.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.