This role will have a heavy emphasis on advertising campaigns by developing and championing strategic insights for the agency through marketing, creative and interactive initiatives. It is responsible for synthesizing analysis of the marketplace, customers, distribution channels and competition to develop a strategic platform for excellent agency work. It acts as an internal advocate for these insights, and the target audience, during the development and execution of the agency’s marketing solutions.
- Understand the environmental context for a marketing challenge or opportunity including marketplace dynamics and competitive alternatives.
- Develop deep understanding of the target audience, whether B2B buyer, consumer or channel partner. (Including needs, environment, rational and emotional mindset, attitudes, and business and purchasing dynamics, channels of purchase, etc.).
- Manage primary and secondary research efforts related to the development of insights.
- Develop primary research brief/RFP; conduct vendor evaluation and be responsible for overall project output including review/collaboration on screeners, questionnaires, reports, etc.
- Collect secondary research, review and synthesize information.
- Draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research.
- Effectively communicate insights to the integrated agency marketing team to inform marketing strategy and program design through:
- Competitive Overviews
- Benchmark Analysis
- Market POVs
- Target Personas
- Strategic Recommendations
- Understand and champion business-to-business (B2B) program best practices within key marketing disciplines, e.g. digital marketing, content marketing, channel marketing, vertical marketing and relationship marketing in general.
- Author the “story” to be communicated via marketing:
- Develop the Messaging Framework and key messages to motivate the desired behavior in a target audience.
- Write Creative Briefs and/or Content Briefs for overall projects and individual deliverables.
- Be an advocate and “truth-teller”: Help facilitate the creative, interactive and campaign development process by acting as a resource for internal teams and a conscience for the target audience.
- Collaborate with agency integrated marketing team to develop marketing strategy based on insights and best practices.
- Partner with account service to set the strategic direction and prioritize the investments for the account.
- Strengthen the agency’s client relationships by earning the respect and trust of both internal and client teams.