The Associate Technical Project Manager (TPM) is responsible for the execution and successful delivery of interactive, digital projects. The TPM must have a thorough understanding of how to develop and deliver digital work including, but not limited to web sites and software applications, integrated campaigns, mobile experiences, emails, etc. As a member of the project management team, the TPM is responsible for scheduling and monitoring internal resources and external vendor and agency resources to make sure that they are aware of expectations and able to fulfill their roles on time and on budget. The TPM is accountable to make sure that the process and quality control requirements are met, so as to ensure that the final product is delivered on time, on budget and meets the delivery expectations of the stakeholders. The TPM facilitates collaboration and team-building among project team members and other project stakeholders, often on multiple and/or large and more complex projects. The Technical Project Manager relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of tasks. The TPM must be able to successfully lead all projects; this includes oversight and approval of estimates, facilitating risk identification and mitigation and providing an escalation path.
- Handles agency partner communications
- Initiates internal and creative reviews with partner agencies
- Creates contact reports for team/project meetings
- Works with internal and partner agency teams to monitor and report against possible changes to projects
- Monitors daily work progress, and hard costs throughout the internal & agency workflow process
- Ensures deadlines are met and communicates schedule revisions to the team & key stakeholders
- Manages project deadlines
- Monitors the budget and handles financial maintenance of each project, raises financial issues to the appropriate managers and stakeholders
- Facilitates product/asset delivery
- Develops product and project knowledge to properly support the needs of the team
- Communicates effectively with team members and the client on issues affecting the quality of the job
- Monitors work-in-progress against job specifications, and controls scope creep throughout the process to eliminate surprises and successfully deliver the work
- Follows through on all project feedback and comments through the Delivery Phase to ensure they are implemented as appropriate
- Researches and shares technical and production information/experience frequently with all members of the team
- Must understand how to analyze risk and actively use risk mitigation processes throughout the project lifecycle
- Collaborates with team members or partner agencies to create estimates & SOW’s for project work
- Verifies that estimates contain properly identified scope of work, limitations, and usage rights
- Ensures compliance with internal production related contract terms
- Communicates scope changes and budget implications to the stake holders
Exhibits good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal team members and the partner agencies. Must be self-motivated and willing to work extra hours and/or inconvenient times as the job requires. Must exhibit keen attention to detail, have strong organizational skills, and general-business skills. Can competently and cheerfully handle multiple priorities. Ability to work onsite in San Jose and coordinate successfully with outside creative agencies.
Education / Experience
- 4+ years of digital/web project management experience.
- 3+ years working in the advertising industry or related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS Project , Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of e-mail/scheduling software applications
- Working familiarity with, or be proficient with, photo and image editing software such as Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc.
- Has an understanding of web programming languages, methods, and procedures
MRM//McCann is a leading Customer Experience Agency that puts people first. This philosophy guides our approach to creating moments that matter to both people and brands. Through data infused insights and engaging creative that is enabled through technology, we build seamless, connected experiences that result in profitable relationships. The agency is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) and a lead agency in the McCann Worldgroup network, with 40+ offices across North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.mrm-mccann.com
We love our diverse workplace!
MRM//McCann is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 801.257.4412
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone – 801.864.4029 : DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY