The Print Production Manager is responsible for developing accurate specifications for production-related jobs and managing the production of those jobs for on-time deliveries. This role plans, budgets and manages all agency offline production-related jobs to achieve the expected quality results within the specified budget and scheduling needs of the job. PPM is also responsible for establishing quality standards and monitoring vendor adherence to quality expectations.
- Create a production schedule that outlines milestones and delivery date.
- With the account executive, create a schedule that has realistic deliverables and deadlines.
- Create production estimates. Based on the specifications supplied by the AE and CD, create an estimate that clearly outlines the project needs.
- 3 bid all jobs to qualified vendors, review estimates and award the job to the selected vendor.
- Communicate effectively with account team members by providing technical counsel and production planning during the development stages of a job.
- Ensure that Account Team understands usage rights being negotiated.
- Include PM in all Creative downloads and Pre-Pro meetings
- Negotiate and purchase production and original creative work used in the production process for account assignments. Document and control proper copyright/ownership rights usage for all purchased creative work.
- Effective Negotiating/Purchasing ensures that all Agency purchases are covered, legally and financially
- Production Managers are the agency’s buyers of ALL goods and services purchased on behalf of the client, except for media.
- Technology and Creative Buys include usage rights
- Use Bid requests, spec sheets, scope and technical documents to detail requirements
- Accurate Documentation on all Communications with Client and Vendors
- Work Authorizations reflect intellectual and usage rights
- Purchase Orders, Change Orders
- Follow-up with Invoicing/Reconciliation
- PO to vendors before work begins
- Invoices to accounting with PO and Job numbers included
- Production Manager resolves issues - * Know when to get involved
- Review and evaluate all original art, art production materials, pre-press proofs, or other production materials and the final project for adherence to the specifications at the expected agency quality standards.
- Verify that all shipping and receiving instructions follow instructions provided by the account executive for all projects shipping to client destinations.
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with agency team members and the client.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work extra hours and/or inconvenient times as the job requires.
- Must exhibit keen attention to detail, have strong organizational skills, and general-business skills.
- Can competently handle multiple priorities.
- Must have 5+ years working in the advertising industry or related fields.
About MRM//McCann Salt Lake City
MRM//McCann is a leading Customer Experience Agency that puts people first. This philosophy guides our approach to creating moments that matter to both people and brands. Through data infused insights and engaging creative that is enabled through technology, we build seamless, connected experiences that result in profitable relationships. The agency is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) and a lead agency in the McCann Worldgroup network, with 40+ offices across North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.mrm-mccann.com.
We love our diverse workplace!
MRM//McCann is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 801.257.4412
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone – 801.864.4029 : DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY