Our Network Administrator maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance; maintains network hardware and software. This role supports network systems including applications, security, servers, network infrastructure, telephone, and disaster recovery systems. He/she provides technical support and guidance to end-users.
- Establishes network systems by evaluating performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining policies and procedures; establishes system baselines, connections and firewalls.
- Monitors network system performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be in the future.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; provides references and support.
- Maintains network system performance by performing network system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network system problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Establishes network system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designs server, router, switch administration including security implementation, interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Upgrades network systems by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Secures network systems by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintains documentation.
- Monitors, maintains, and upgrades data facility environmental controls to ensure proper working condition; includes HVAC, power systems, security systems and
- Creates, develops, and executes call center reports; analyzes call center volume and statistics.
- Resolves issues by researching documentation; troubleshooting hardware, software, or feature problem; guiding clients through corrective steps; escalating problems to second level; tracking status of problems and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 4-6 years experience in information technologies/systems
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows operating systems (server and workstation), Linux and Macintosh
- Hardware: Cisco, Hewlett Packard, Xerox, NetApp
- Applications: MS SQL, MS Exchange, MS Active Directory, MS SharePoint, VMware, Jira & Confluence
- Technologies: Cloud computing, LAN/WAN/WLAN, VPN, scripting. NAS/SAN, virtualization, IDS/IPS
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Preferred Certifications: Cisco (CCNA), Microsoft (MCSA), CompTIA (Server+, Network+), ITIL Foundation
About MRM//McCann Salt Lake City
MRM//McCann is a leading Customer Experience Agency that puts people first. This philosophy guides our approach to creating moments that matter to both people and brands. Through data infused insights and engaging creative that is enabled through technology, we build seamless, connected experiences that result in profitable relationships. The agency is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) and a lead agency in the McCann Worldgroup network, with 40+ offices across North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.mrm-mccann.com.
We love our diverse workplace!
MRM//McCann is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 801.257.4412
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone – 801.864.4029 : DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY