Job Title: Associate Strategy Director
About this Role: The Associate Strategy Director will lead brand, messaging, segmentation, and communication strategy for our clients. He or she will be responsible for turning insights into actionable strategies and creative recommendations, across online and offline channels, with a particular focus on digital and direct. The single most important aspect of the Associate Director‘s job will be her/his ability to articulate these insights into written compelling and persuasive presentations. Another important aspect of this role will be helping teams create on-strategy ideas and platforms, inspiring them to think differently, breathing new life and depth into the campaign and helping them understand how the strategic orchestration of channels and connections can enhance what they’re producing.
- Acts as strategic lead to develop holistic strategies that can be applied across multiple business lines and channels.
- Craft strategic platforms, strategic briefs, value propositions and messaging for various initiatives
- Develop focused and inspiring creative briefs
- Guide creative from concept to execution, ensuring the work is always on strategy and aligned with best practices and industry learnings.
- Writes situational analyses, POVs and other business analyses reports that lay the foundation for marketing, media, website, and application development projects.
- Interfaces with lead account and creative teams at the agency to deliver smart, differentiated, and strategically grounded ideas to the client.
- You are able to develop strategies for multiple channels, with a practical understanding of the technologies, tactics and data leveraged to achieve these strategies. You’re a critical thinker, and able to distill a lot of information into cohesive strategies and recommendations.
- You have experience with customer experience planning, customer journey mapping and segmentation.
- You do your best work in a collaborative setting. You can work in lock-step across agencies, internal teams and partners, encouraging team efforts and balancing multiple needs and expectations.
- Solid grounding in research and behavioral analysis including both primary/secondary and qualitative/quantitative research methodologies.
- Must be a polished, persuasive, and strategic communicator – both written and verbal/presentation.
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years’ work experience in direct/digital agencies, digital strategic consulting or marketing, communications or brand strategy.
- You have a solid history of growth in a company with a variety of clients.
- Bachelors or Masters required
MRM//McCann is committed to being the most relevant, effective, indispensable marketing agency in the digital world. We are a leading Customer Experience Agency that puts people first. We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to meet each client’s unique challenges with positive, measureable results. Our strategic, creative and technological expertise-including deep experience with segmentation, targeting, and analytical tools and methodologies- deliver the most effective marketing programs and platforms in the world.
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.