This role is responsible for overseeing the effective operation of the agency by ensuring employees have office space, equipment, and supplies to efficiently and effectively perform their jobs. Responsible for day-to-day office facilities of the agency. He/she will plan, manage and oversee risk management and business continuity. This position will also: 1) implement emergency preparedness programs and response training 2) partner and collaborate with Operations and Human Resource groups and 3) Provide administrative support to the Operations/Human Resources Department
The successful employee will have a strong commitment to high-level customer service. This person is a collaborator and problem solver who takes initiative, is proactive and has great follow through. The Office Manager will supervise, mentor and instruct the Office Services staff.
- Supervise, mentor and guide Office Services staff (Office Service Coordinator and Receptionist).
- Submit IT tickets for new hires, separations, interoffice moves, etc.
- Desk set up for new hires and tear down for separations.
- Office tours/check-ins with new hires (2–3 days post start). Ensure equipment and supplies are adequate. Provide information on how to utilize Office Services.
- Plan and coordinate internal moves.
- Purchase of workspace equipment for reasonable accommodations.
- Purchase, distribute, track and monitor agency employee recognition awards.
- Create and distribute birthday and anniversary cards on a monthly basis. Reconcile against financial records.
- Perform back-up support for access card activation and deactivation, to include building and parking.
- Culture Crew Administrative Assistant, e.g. agenda, meeting notes, action items.
- Project management of agency events/parties.
- Maintenance of electronic records and digital filing of HR documentation, e.g. personnel files, audits, etc.
- Coordinate front office coverage for Receptionist during unexpected absences, breaks, and/or lunches. Act as back-up, when needed.
- Administrative support for Director of Human Resource and Senior HR Manager.
- Assists HR Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Follow up on outstanding assignments or issues.
- Perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Central office contact for building upkeep and issues. Incumbent will work and coordinate with various points of contact, i.e. landlord, contractors, building management, vendors, etc.
- Building maintenance escalation contact.
- Responsible for managing minor construction projects. Work with furniture vendors on deliveries or installations
- Perform daily walk-thru of facility. Assess equipment needs, equipment maintenance and repairs. Perform service calls, and/or coordinate with building maintenance and vendors to perform repairs.
- Ensure working order of the facilities.
- Oversee construction/space issues.
- Oversee cleaning services of facility, to include: weekly meeting with cleaning company, annual deep clean, and communication to agency.
- Coordinate construction/repair vendors or other office services needed after normal business hours.
- Emergency Preparedness Administrator and primary point of contact.
Responsibilities include: scheduling, overseeing and participating in Floor Warden trainings, e.g. AED/First Aid training; communicating and organizing action plans for fire/tornado drills; identification and compilation of systems/processes utilized by agency. Also acts as administrator of Send Word Now system.
Responsibilities include: identifying and prioritizing service/process restoration in event of natural disaster. Maintenance of data in IPG Disaster Preparedness central repository system.
- Excellent organizational, follow-up and planning skills.
- Proactive, takes initiative and can work autonomously.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Demonstrates basic problem solving skills and appropriately applies proven solutions.
- Ability to partner with all levels within the organization.
- Effectively work, interact, manage, and consult with internal and external Associates.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, stressful and/or confidential situations with ease and professionalism.
- High degree of organizational skill and professionalism.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while working with certain deadlines on others.
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
Education & Experience:
- 1+ years Office Services/Facilities experience; and 3+ years administrative experience.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
About MRM//McCann Salt Lake City
MRM//McCann is a leading Customer Experience Agency that puts people first. This philosophy guides our approach to creating moments that matter to both people and brands. Through data infused insights and engaging creative that is enabled through technology, we build seamless, connected experiences that result in profitable relationships. The agency is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) and a lead agency in the McCann Worldgroup network, with 40+ offices across North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.mrm-mccann.com.
We love our diverse workplace!
MRM//McCann is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 801.257.4412
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone – 801.864.4029 : DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY