MRM//McCann is committed to being the most relevant, effective, indispensable marketing agency in the digital world. We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to meet each client’s unique challenges with positive, measurable results. Our strategic, creative, and technological expertise – including deep experience with segmentation, targeting, and analytic tools and methodologies – deliver the most effective marketing programs and platforms in the world.
About the Role:
The Sr. Data Analyst role will be responsible for executing a wide variety of database focused analysis activities in support of a variety of analysts and strategists. In this role, the analyst will also have exposure to a wide variety of data analysis and Business Intelligence tools such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Tableau and Cognos and will be expected to apply these tools when opportunities arise.
- Serve a multitude of functions including but not limited to: business analysis, data extractions, file creation, data analysis, data architecture, report/dashboard design/creation
- Consult and guide team members with database analysis and data management questions
- Run exception reports and provide results to clients, vendors and peers
- Create files for campaign executions
- Research data discrepancies in source enterprise databases
- Gather data requirements for reports/dashboards, proof-of-concepts for larger enterprise-wide BI initiatives
- Construct and execute queries based on customer needs
- Execute existing jobs, update dashboards and reports based on a set schedule
- Develop methodologies for aggregating results from various programs and campaigns
- Confirm data integrity and perform analysis to identify trends
- Reconcile disjointed data sources
- Continuously look for improvements, monitor quality levels, and manage quality problems.
Education and Experience
- Highly accountable self-starter with the ability to work well within a group, as well as independently
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology preferred
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with SQL
- Experience with simple DBA management functions (managing transaction logs, database sizes, etc.) a plus.
- Must be able to handle multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Advanced Excel skills a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
- Self-starter with 1+ years experience writing SQL queries in Oracle, SQL Server or another database technology
- Experience with Tableau or another BI technology considered a plus
NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED.
MRM is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. MRM participates in e-Verify.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-2462
- b) Dedicated E-mail – Careers@mwgdetroit.com
- c) US Mail – ATTN: Human Resources, 360 W. Maple Birmingham, MI 48009
- d) Dedicated Phone – 248-203-8000