TITLE: ASSOCIATE MEDIA DIRECTOR LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
We are seeking an Associate Media Director (AMD) to lead media strategy, planning and optimization for a fantastic client; one who challenges us to push the limits of data, technology and creativity in B2B marketing.
Candidates should have leadership, management and mentoring experience; serving as the senior media team contact on other large B2B client engagements. This person should also have a successful track record of increasing clients’ confidence in digital marketing and media; achieved by understanding the clients’ business and by applying sound strategic thinking, quantitative support and excellent communication skills. Furthermore, we’ve heard that you should surround yourself with people that you aspire to be like, so we aim to bring on a new AMD who is curious, creative, ambitious, fast-moving & all-in!
We offer an environment that is challenging, collaborative and supports individual professional development. All media team members interface with account services, strategy, creative and data & analytics teams on a near-daily basis and gain exposure to a wide variety of marketing programs, regardless of account assignment, due to a well-established “sharing” culture. MRM//McCann Media offers an exciting opportunity to learn about marketing across sectors, geographies (global clients) and types of programs (awareness, engagement, conversion-driving), while increasing depth of experience in key focus areas.
- Collaborates closely with other disciplines to develop cohesive, people-centric and account-centric strategies
- Plans, buys, executes and optimizes across industry and broad-based news properties, account-based marketing solutions, programmatically-purchased media, CPL partnerships, et al.
- Works closely with performance team to track contributions, analyze, extract insights and optimize
- Protects our client’s investment through application of ad fraud, viewability and brand safety solutions
- Relentlessly pursues business results
- Mentor 2-3 media team members; providing continuous feedback, support and inspiration, to help them achieve their professional goals
- Provide guidance on client assignments; serving as the strategic lead and ensuring thorough consideration and evaluation of all opportunities
- Track the progress of client work; ensuring quality, creativity and integrity of all media services provided, as well as timely delivery
- Continuously propose new and innovative ideas
- Monitor and analyze program performance; optimizing rigorously to improve contributions to objectives
- Cultivate relationships with clients; satisfying requests, earning trust and always seeking improvement opportunities
- 7+ years’ experience in media
- 5+ years focus on digital media, including significant B2B work
- 3+ years in a supervisory role
- Extensive client-facing experience, including senior-most stakeholders
- Brand-building and lead generation programs; emphasis on the latter
- Hands-on planning, buying, management and analysis across digital channels
- Strong understanding of media ad serving, tracking and analysis (e.g., DCLK, Atlas)
- Experience w/dynamic creative, including strategy and implementation, a plus
- Strong case studies; demonstrating innovation in B2B and all-up performance