The Sr. Account Executive runs multiple complex projects from inception, through creative development and production. The Sr. AE is capable of running full programs, not just project based work. The Sr. AE works across department and agency resources to ensure that day-to-day client needs are met. The focus of the Sr. Account Executive role is to ensure that assigned projects are completed flawlessly and to the highest standard.
The Sr. Account Executive will have regular Client contact related to the management of projects.
- Manage the execution of multi-channel marketing and advertising communications programs that have a focus on direct mail and email, but can also include web, digital, event, collateral and other marketing communications
- Write creative briefs/work orders for projects and run project/creative kick off meetings
- Manage creative development of multiple projects, while exhibiting strong prioritization skills
- Assist Supervisor with strategy development
- Assist in creating presentations, POV’s, test planning, etc.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with internal teams and clients
- Ensure flawless execution of projects
- Coordinate with print producer or project manager to develop schedules. Partner with print producer/project manager during the production phase of a project
- Manage the project schedules to ensure completion on time. Surface any unresolved timing or resource issues with Supervisor
- Develop rapport and partnering relationship with key clients. Build the relationship by demonstrating genuine sense of responsibility for the success of the business
- Manage project estimates to ensure projects stay on budget. Assist supervisors with accruals or budget reporting as needed
- Be involved in program level strategy planning/development
- Develop deeper understanding of the client’s business and the automotive environment by actively learning business, products and competitive environment. Based on knowledge of business and industry, bring forward and identify new initiatives and opportunities
- Write presentations, POV’s, test plans and recommendations for projects
- Present creative and ideas to clients
- Understand fast-paced nature of business and positively and quickly respond to last minute client requests
- Sufficient presence to be respected by clients and internally
- University degree (ideally in marketing / business studies)
- Ideally 3-4 years of experience in agency environment in a client service role. Solid CRM experience is preferred
- Direct Mail experience is required
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines across multiple projects and display strong organizational skills
- Ability to transfer knowledge from project-to-project
- Well organized
- Show initiative and desire to learn
- Handle assigned work requests in efficient, timely manner
- Have strong client relationship
- Understand client’s business and industry as well as key competitive set
- Can successfully own and complete projects without assistance
- Understanding of KPIs and analytics
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Use sound and logical judgment
- Display strong problem solving skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Experience in the automotive or financial industry is preferred
NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED.
McCann Detroit is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. McCann Detroit participates in e-Verify.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-6310
- b) Dedicated E-mail – Careers@mwgdetroit.com
- c) US Mail – ATTN: Human Resources, 360 W. Maple Birmingham, MI 48009
- d) Dedicated Phone – 248-203-8000
NOTE: Disability accommodation requests only.