Job Title: Human Resources Director
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Global HR and Office MD
Locations: Princeton NJ and NY, NY offices
At MRM - Relationships are our middle name.
MRM//McCann is an industry leader in its ability to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people. From our approach to relationship mapping to our innovative strategic collaboration tools and the depth and talent of our analytics bench, our focus is always on creating customer centric content.
Position Overview: We need a self - starter who is the culture driver for the agency. You can walk the fine line between trusted employee advocate and strategic business partner. This key position will be a driver of culture for MRM//McCann providing strategic direction to senior management that builds on the organization’s success and accelerates the achievement of a more highly competent, diverse, well-trained and effective workforce. You manage all aspects of human resources programs and processes, including employee relations, recruiting, performance management, training and development, diversity initiatives, organizational change, and ensuring legal compliance.
Responsibilities of Role: Business Partnership
- Ensure workforce is diverse and inclusive; establish and maintain and work environment that is fair and civil.
- Partner with Senior Management to establish strategic talent development programs to meet organizational objectives.
- Provide input on Human Resources solutions to business problems and strategies and contribute to measurable results on time and within budget.
- Work closely with management to identify and suggest solutions on how to improve agency, departmental and team morale.
- Facilitate communications throughout the organization including employee engagement surveys and regular consistent communication methods to ensure transparency and “openness.”
- Identify organizational improvement needs, determine methods and implement programs that are responsive to both individual and departmental needs.
- Collaborate as key member of senior management team to develop, reinforce and maintain key organizational programs.
- Review financial implications of hires with management team.
- Partner with recruitment team to develop recruitment strategy and define procedures for interviewing and hiring.
- Communicate with department managers to clarify recruitment needs
- Ensure adequate staffing of all positions.
- Provide reporting to senior and global management as requested.
Performance Management/Employee Development
- Develop processes and programs to improve organizational capability in areas of goal alignment, performance management & accountability, leadership & career development.
- Work with department leads to identify required competencies to meet expectations of any given position.
- Identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps to develop and implement targeted programs that address these gaps.
- Coordinate learning and development initiatives.
- Coach and counsel managers and employees to resolve employee relations issues.
- Participate in employee investigations as needed; document issues and consult with IPG Legal (as appropriate) to identify recommendations and avoid costly litigation.
- Work to maintain and expand positive employee relations with employees.
- Steward of the IPG employment policies; local and federal laws.
- Work with WG International HR and outside counsel on necessary work authorization to hire Non - US candidates when applicable.
- Develop and implement retention/morale-building programs.
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Minimum of a BS or related degree preferably in Organizational Development and Human Resources
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong problem solving skills and detail oriented
- Self-motivator, takes initiative to resolve situations and improve departmental processes.
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiating skills, especially in dealing with sensitive and/or controversial issues
- Team builder
- Management of team
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs and HRIS systems – Peoplesoft and or SilkRoad a plus
At MRM, Relationship is our Middle name.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.