The Strategist will report to the Strategy Director and provide support to multiple brands. The Strategist will have the ability to see the brand through the eyes of the consumer, understanding their wants and needs and identifying smart and innovative marketing opportunities through data analysis and both primary and secondary research. He/She will work with and inspire Creative and Account with dynamic presentations that tell a compelling strategic story. The best candidate understands qualitative and quantitative research, with the ability to know the difference between data and insights, executions and ideas, and able to turn knowledge into actionable recommendations and inspiring creative briefs.
- Identify and leverage data- and trend-driven consumer insights and create strategic POVs
- Work closely with internal account teams to understand business challenges and identify strategic marketing needs and guide communications development
- Provide support to the account team and proactively identify ways to move the business forward
- Develop target audience insights and create personas through data analysis, secondary research and qualitative observations
- Facilitate a strong partnership with the creative team and provide valuable insight throughout the creative process
- Creative brief development, writing and presentation
- Collaborate with clients and partner agencies on key projects and initiatives
- Identify research needs and recommend appropriate methodology based on objectives
- Conduct communication audits and competitive assessments that influence the clients business and identify new marketing opportunities
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from all available sources to provide strategic implications and creative inspiration
- Monitor cultural and social trends, their impact on consumers attitudes, behavior and perception
- Conduct ad hoc research and answer business insight questions through research design and planning
- Attend client meetings and represent strategy at internal meetings with cross functional teams
- Understand media and marketing trends and how they could be applied to the communication plans
- Develop campaign maps/customer flows for CRM programs
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- Preferred 5-7 years of experience in strategy or planning role in an agency, with direct and digital marketing experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and lead projects through to completion
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills
- Well organized and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of energy and enthusiasm; comfortable in high pressure situations, fluid and ambiguous projects.
- Direct client experience or interaction is necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required, especially in writing client-worthy presentations
- Curious, independent thinker driven to find new ways of engaging with consumers
- Need to see the big picture but also develop detail-oriented strategically driven tactics
- Must be a good story teller with experience writing thought provoking and inspiring creative briefs
- Resourceful with extensive experience mining secondary sources for insights
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and keen understanding of qualitative and quantitative research required, both in design/planning and analysis
- Experience managing qualitative and quantitative research projects a plus
- Familiarity or experience with social advertising a plus
NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED.
McCann Detroit is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. McCann Detroit participates in e-Verify.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-6310
- b) Dedicated E-mail – Careers@mwgdetroit.com
- c) US Mail – ATTN: Human Resources, 360 W. Maple Birmingham, MI 48009
- d) Dedicated Phone – 248-203-8000
NOTE: Disability accommodation requests only.