About the Role:
The Associate/Project Manager is responsible for the project management of assets that are featured on the brand and dealer websites, allowing the consumer to create and customize a vehicle. This includes working very closely with vendors, including but not limited to: quality assurance check of delivered assets, deploying assets to testing environments for review, but most importantly managing the production schedule. S/he will report to the Director of Program Management, Technology and will work very closely with internal MRM departments as vendor.
S/he manages the production team as well as the production timeline as well as incorporating it into the full project plan, all while keeping internal teams informed of all changes along the way. The assets produced within this role are used for U.S. retails websites as well as non-U.S. websites. This role also requires daily interaction with internal marketing groups, creative agencies, product specialists, as well as vendor partners.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical interest/background (i.e. Adobe, development experience), be detail-oriented and possess strong communication skills. Prior experience in project management, traffic, or account management is strongly preferred.
- Lead in the project management of assets with the client and project team members
- Gather and document all product related issues from the asset review; work with vendor & XML team to resolve product issues
- Investigate tickets using Firefox’s Firebug to look at code; identify CGI URLs and RPOs with incorrect images
- Assist in XML development; work with development team to correct XML issues and build packages
- Review asset deliveries from vendor and the images produced by MRM
- Address miscellaneous asset requests received from internal teams and manage production of the assets ensuring details
- Attend asset reviews with clients and take detailed notes on vehicle product issues
- Understanding of file formats
- Source vehicle color chips and fabric swatch assets from partner agencies
- Familiar with the vehicle ordering guide as well as vehicle package information
- Review asset deliveries from asset vendor
- Manage production of flattened files/jellybean images
- Ability to handle a large number of tasks concurrently
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop basic functionality
Education and Experience:
- Ideal candidate would have 2+ years project management experience; preferably in a creative agency or a digital production company environment (title is based on type and amount of relevant experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or associates in computer science, IT or related field from an accredited college preferred
- Candidate MUST have strong attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Strong management and communication skills
- Basic knowledge/familiarity with Adobe Photoshop functionality preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to grasp modern technology quickly
- Ability to research/be resourceful
- Preferable automotive product knowledge
- Interest in automotive highly desired
NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED.
MRM is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. McCann Detroit participates in e-Verify.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-6310
- b) Dedicated E-mail – Careers@mwgdetroit.com
- c) US Mail – ATTN: Human Resources, 360 W. Maple Birmingham, MI 48009
- d) Dedicated Phone – 248-203-8000
NOTE: Disability accommodation requests only.