McCann Canada was one of the first agencies in Canada to provide digital marketing services. Today it’s one of the most robust. The MRM//McCann team offers digital and social services including, CX & UX strategy, platform development, mobile solutions, content creation, e-commerce, analytics...the list goes on. Our full-service social marketing team weaves together conversations, communities and content to build bonds between brands and the people who engage with them.
The digital analytics team at McCann is expanding! We’re looking for a passionate, analytical minded individual to grow with the team. This is exciting opportunity to contribute to the analytics planning, implementation, reporting, and optimization for large scale social media analytics projects across the agency. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data and analytics, strong background in social media and paid media analytics, ability to independently troubleshoot and address quality control issues, and provide recommendations as well as develop best practices to achieve analytical goals. This is a contract position with the possibility of a transition into a permanent role for next year.
- A solid understanding of measurement fundamentals and social media analytics, including knowledge of how to help define KPI requirements and what data is important for reporting
- Executes reporting and analytical responsibilities - executive dashboards, weekly/ monthly reporting, presentations, data mining/ad hoc reporting
- Reviews, evaluates and reports on client social media analytics and performance to continuously improve results and meet program KPIs.
- Leverage a variety of tools for advance data mining capabilities (SQL/ Excel) for deep dive analysis to turn data into insightful findings and business recommendations
- Develop an understanding of clients’ consumers, using knowledge of segmentation and targeting to help achieve business goals
- Acts as a resource for the team during the strategic planning and creative process for in-house content development
- Presents findings in easily understood ways, be responsible for assisting internal stakeholders and customers to understand and digest the data
- Help shape the measurement plan and reporting strategy based on platform standards and industry best practices
- Ensures the quality of work output by displaying a keen attention to detail, leveraging and developing best practices
- Develops additional technical competencies and subject matter expertise within core functional group
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of social media innovations, technology, and digital trends
- Proactively communicate with regard to deliverable status
- 1-2 years’ experience working in social media, digital marketing, web analytics, or data analytics in general
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related field
- Prior experience delivering social media reporting, managing social media accounts, publishing social media content, and/or managing paid media campaigns
- Working knowledge of native platform business/ad managers on Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat
- Knowledge of other digital analytics and media tools not required but a plus:
- 3rd party social media management/insights tools (e.g. Spredfast, Unmetric)
- Web analytics platform (e.g. Adobe/Google Analytics)
- Tagging solutions (DTM/GTM)
- Paid search, SEO/SEM platforms such as Google Adwords/Bing
- Ad serving vendors, DSPs, ad exchanges (e.g. DCM, DBM)
- Proficient in social measurement and listening tools (e.g. Crimson Hexagon, Sprinklr, Sysomos, Sprout Social, Social Bakers, Hootsuite etc.)
- Strong background in data manipulation and data processing, knowledge of SQL a plus
- Expert at BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, or Cognos, good visual design sense with the ability to create visually intuitive dashboards
- Highly accountable self-starter with the ability to work well within a group, as well as independently
- Must be quick in learning and adapting to new tools
- Must have good data analysis skills and ability to work with large amount of data
- Strong technical acumen and strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be a good team player, eager and be able to work in a fast-paced team-work environment
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to deliver results based upon an agreed timeline
- Accepts pressure and the ability to multitask in response to changing priorities
- Enjoys a structured environment where conformity to rules, regulations, structure and established ways of performing work are important
- Familiarity with the automotive business a bonus
If you are a qualified, passionate Social Media Analyst, we would love to hear from you. McCann Canada offers amazing opportunities, great compensation packages with excellent benefits and employee perks program. We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with enviable benefits and an extensive employee perks program.
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by McCann Canada, please advise if you require accommodation.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that helps brands foster meaningful, lasting relationships with people. The agency leverages all the tools at their disposal: The power of creativity, the beauty of data, the magic of technology and an insatiable dose of curiosity to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results. MRM//McCann is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG) and a lead agency in the McCann Worldgroup network, with 40 plus offices across North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.mrm-mccann.com.