The Associate Project Manager position is within the team and will report to the Director, Program Management. In this role, S/he will be responsible for the project management of digital production; including email and online advertising (OLA) projects. Coordinate closely with the CAORs, along with our internal QA, content and Development teams. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills in order to keep all parties updated on project progress, issues, etc. This person will have a sense of urgency, attention to detail and the ability to work under very tight/aggressive deadlines while managing multiple projects. Prior experience with email or OLA campaigns is preferred. Knowledge of email or site deployment process and email best practices is a plus. • Coordinates asset deliveries and overall deliverables w/CAOR partners.
S/he will interface with internal Clients; may interface with venders and Advertising/Marketing Clients so a curiosity for the big picture as well as solid verbal and written communication toward the development of relationships is key.
- Overall responsibility for the on time, on budget successful delivery of production projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time. These could be with multiple clients and across multiple lanes of business.
- Own responsibility for achieving project scope and timing.
- Coordinate production activities with project managers in other offices as necessary.
- Facilitate internal written and verbal status communication.
- Support operation and development groups by following departmental policies and procedures; promptly and accurately completing timesheets, attending mandatory information sessions regarding important aspects of our business.
- Perform Asset Quality Reviews (AQRs).
- Manage Jira tickets, BOX spaces (MRM’s bug ticketing and file management systems).
- Coordinate asset deliveries and overall deliverables w/CAOR partners.
- Identify project resource requirements and facilitate staffing of production need, project needs with support from management.
- Lead identification and mitigation of production issues and risks.
- Review project briefs, status reports, maintain issue lists; provide formal escalation of risk and issues and other written communication as required day-to-day and for the successful delivery of production projects.
- Responsible for the creation of a production plan inclusive of on time, budget and successful delivery of production projects via internal and external personnel.
- Collaborate with agencies to ensure MRM Supply processes and methodologies are appropriate and are followed.
- Facilitate meetings and conference calls with agencies and clients at an intermediate to senior level.
- 2+ years project management, digital experience preferred
- Must have strong communication skills, be comfortable with soliciting and providing input and work well with clients internal and external.
- Comfort level with production tools and proprietary software (MRMBox, JIRA, MS Project, MS Office, Outlook, etcetera).
- A university degree and agency experience highly preferred.
- Experienced practitioner of structured methodologies and versed in the use of project and service management tools.
- Web-based workflow and/or issue tracking experience (e.g. Jira or SharePoint).
- Must be a clear thinker, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills and who can operate independently.
- Must be a team builder who can develop and maintain strong relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to advise and guide colleagues in a supportive, interactive fashion ensuring that programs are agreed, targets set and deadlines achieved.
- Preferred experience included: knowledge of software development lifecycle methodology, practical knowledge of software quality management and testing techniques, knowledge of contemporary web software QA tools and methodologies, utilities, programming and command languages in use by production development team.
NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED.
MRM is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. McCann Detroit participates in e-Verify.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-6310
- b) Dedicated E-mail – Careers@mwgdetroit.com
- c) US Mail – ATTN: Human Resources, 360 W. Maple Birmingham, MI 48009
- d) Dedicated Phone – 248-203-8000
NOTE: Disability accommodation requests only.