The Account Director (AD) is responsible for the successful development and maintenance of the entire client relationship across a large client organization or portfolio of clients. This includes identifying and developing opportunities for growth, financial profitability, team mentoring, and ensuring strategic direction and quality of work.
This role must be based in San Jose, California.
Client Management and Strategic Leadership
- Maintains and develops senior client relationship for the dedicated account
- Valued as business and marketing counsel to senior clients; intimately understands client business and marketing challenges
- Viewed as accountable for client and agency success. Proactively drives strategic direction for the business with senior clients and agency partners
- Understands and monitors client organizational dynamics. Actively engages clients to create relationships and a client environment in which great work is desired, is protected, and flourishes
- Identifies opportunities for agency growth; marshals and delivers agency resources against opportunities for business development
- Continually looks for “connective tissue” within client’s business, finding opportunities to bring together client groups for greater efficiency or impact, or to cross-sell services or ideas across groups or divisions
- Partners with senior clients to establish overall scope, staffing, and fee expectations and negotiations
- Partners with senior clients to identify and define key measures of success for agency performance. Leads the design of a shared scorecard and manages regular/quarterly checkpoints with client
- Continually monitors health of agency relationship and overall delivery against scope.
- Maps and leads action against relationship plans
- Acts as relationship and strategic lead in coordination with other network agencies sharing client business. Seeks opportunities to introduce network partners to opportunities within the account
- Works with other ADs inside agency or network to ensure that best practices are shared among accounts—actively looks for crossover implications of successful campaigns or other ideas
- Informs and holds accountable agency discipline leaders for delivering against approved scope and development opportunities
- Informs and involves agency executive leadership. Manages Quarterly Business Reviews with executive leadership team
- Lead and/or contribute to proposal development and capabilities presentation
- Reports client financial health status, reconciliation, and forecasting to executive management team
- Oversees responsibilities for revenue, expenses, and efficiencies within the account
- Overall responsibility for meeting account(s) P&L, profitability, and growth goals
- Identifies opportunities and consistently develops and updates plans for organic account growth
- Thorough understanding of the account-specific contract and its implications
- Active participant in positive agency culture. Sets tone for collaborative and respectful intra-agency working relationships
- Partners with senior project management, strategy, and creative as an equally accountable team for strategic vision, the quality of the work, growth plans, and financial performance
- Ensures that agency and client policies and guidelines are communicated, understood, and followed by cross-functional team
- Ensures that career development plans are in place and are continually reviewed
- Takes the leadership role in training, mentoring, providing continuous feedback, and conducting performance evaluations with direct reports—ensures that the same process takes place between AD and rest of the team
- Looks for ways to appropriately reward and motivate good work and enthusiasm
- Participates in management meetings and contributes to overall agency direction
- Keeps executive management apprised of account status, new business opportunities, and personnel issues
- Assesses client needs by department and partners with project management to define levels of staffing needed
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA in related field
- 12+ years of agency or related field experience
- Agency capabilities and services
- Financial and SOW contracts and negotiations
- Understanding of account-specific work within the agency for ultimate group account enrichment and growth
- Maneuvering within client organization to develop relationships with the right people
- Continually evaluating account and industry trends, and formulating threats and opportunities
- Continually assessing account dynamics and anticipating threats
- Identify and reach out to inter-agency contacts to drive integration and growth of the business
- Maps and works against a relationship strategy, identifying and prioritizing those relationships that are key to agency growth and success
- Ability to maintain senior-level relationships
- Ability to drive a strategic vision
- Knowing how to assess employee needs and how to inspire and keep team motivated
Work Environment, Physical Demands and Travel:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Some travel
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
At MRM, Relationship is our Middle name.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that helps brands foster meaningful relationship with people by leveraging the power of creativity, the beauty of data and the magic of technology.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry. People who have an insatiable dose of curiosity to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences while driving business results.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED.
MRM//McCann is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 801.257.4412
(b) Dedicated email email@example.com
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone – 801.257.7700: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY