We are looking for a PHP Developer capable of contributing to the design, implementation and managing and maintaining a key product for one of our high-profile clients. You need to be extremely confident with PHP7 and have a thorough understanding of Object Orientated Programming.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Technical Architect, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Understand technical problems; design, code and manage the solutions
- Work with other teams within the company, such as Creative, Project Management and UX departments, to provide technical insight and develop realistic solutions
- Create, test and deploy new features
- Optimise legacy code and fix any bugs that may arise.
- Design, build and support applications
- Follow efficient ways of working and best practice standards
- Work with third party technical partners to collaborate on delivering projects
- Build and maintain scalable APIs, and consume social and other third party APIs
- Spread enthusiasm for technology in the company
- Contribute opinions and ideas for applying new and emerging technologies and ways of working
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A firm understanding of PHP7, Drupal 8, Laravel 5 and MySql
- A solid understanding of OOP and MVC architecture
- Proficient with web services
- A firm understanding of Linux
- Excellent debugging skills
- At home with SVN, GIT or TFS repositories
- Experience of working with ORMs
- Experience of software-testing practices (performance, stress, unit, regression etc.)
- Experience of standard software-development lifecycles and project-management methodologies (such as Agile).
- Experience of writing fantastic documentation and keeping it up to date
- Understanding of what XSS, SQL Injection and CSRF are and how to prevent them.
- Experience of working in a digital agency
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Zend Framework 2
- Working with the Yii Framework (particularly Yii 1.1)
- Experience with other programming languages such as Java, Ruby etc
- Familiarity with software-testing practices (TTD, performance, stress, unit, regression etc.)
- Experience of maintaining unit tests and/or other automated testing practices.
- Writing and Deploying code changes
- Create and ship new features
MRM Meteorite is a multi-award winning integrated, digital and direct marketing agency. We focus on creating meaningful connections between brands and their customers and we achieve this by having all the right people in one place and working with clients and agencies in a spirit of total collaboration.
As part of MRM Worldwide which is, in turn, part of McCann World Group, we have all of the benefits of being part of a world-class network while retaining the culture and entrepreneurial spirit of a smaller agency.
We are looking for candidate capable of delivering an exciting range of projects for our portfolio of high-profile clients. You’ll apply the latest technologies to a wide variety of projects that always aim to push back boundaries and exceed the demands of our global clients. You’ll work alongside our fantastic designers and developers to create cutting edge solutions for some of the world’s biggest brands.
You will join a team of enthusiastic and passionate people, empowered and trusted to take ownership and pride in the work we do.