The Data Strategy team its right at the heart of the Strategy department and the agency. Closely aligned to the Marketing Technology Consultants, Data Science & Performance Analysts and User Experience experts the role of the Data Strategists is to be catalysts for creative thinking, bringing the power of data into the heart of the agency’s strategy development, marketing activity and on-going performance optimisation.
Joining the fastest growing area of the agency the successful candidate will be critical in helping shape and deliver the Data Strategy offering to all our clients; bringing to bear their experience in developing and interpreting advanced data analytics, defining customer segments and need states, defining highly automated and contextual CRM activity and define performance measurement frameworks
Although the focus of this role will be around data strategy and CRM, we seek to hire and develop T-shaped people in our strategy department; those who not only lead, advocate and expertly deploy their cherished expertise but can also confidently sell in other enabling specialisms when required thereby connecting agency expertise for the benefit of clients.
Our current clients include Vauxhall, easyJet, TSB, Zurich, Pernod Ricard, P&O Ferries, Direct Line Group, Wyevale Garden Centres and Virgin Group, a list we’re proud of and continues to grow. This role can expect to find themselves working on a number of them as well as new business.
Purpose of Role
- Help shape the Data Strategy offering within the wider Customer Experience Practice and promote in within the agency and externally with client – the products, services and toolsets
- Take lead on data strategy projects for key clients – initially this will be TSB; one of the largest clients in the agency and Pernod Ricard
- Champion the fast evolving world of advanced analytics, marketing automation and contextual customer experience – exciting others around machine learning, AI and analytic powered business
- Develop talent – within the team and wider agency
- Work alongside the other Senior Strategists to make sure that you, and the team, are delivering efficiently against scoped retainer and project time – you will be accountable for scoping and delivery
- Identify opportunities to further develop clients business through data strategy – working alongside fellow strategies to create innovative and compelling marketing activities and customer experiences
- Develop new revenue opportunities with clients and in new business activity
- Takes a lead in building strong client relationships ensuring that the data analytics you produce continuously adds value and powers their business and the wider agency relationship
- Works closely with your Data Strategy peers and wider Strategy community to drive the agency offering forward, keeping it fresh and our client
- Help nurture and foster junior talent in the team and agency – exciting people about the power of data
- Understands the wider agency proposition and is able to articulate a point Meets Department Heads to scope out opportunities across all clients in the business
- Presents case studies and knowledge sharing pieces across the agency
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Passionate about marketing and the creative application of data in powering the world in which our clients and their customers live
- Operated at a senior client level and has led client accounts from a strategic or consultative perspective
- Curious, ambitious and desire for continual improvement – has a point of view on the future of their discipline
- Strong personable skills
- Great presenter / advocate for data driven marketing
- Considers themselves an expert in:
- Understands customer journeys, how to interpret what they are, how to map them, how they are performing and how to optimise them across all channels
- Can identify pain points / moments of truth in a customer experience with a brand
- Can propose solutions based on insight and how to measure the performance of those solutions
- Leading strategic recommendations around targeting, segmentation, channel, contact and content and using insight and how all of these can be stitched together into measureable communication programs and campaigns
- CRM / Loyalty / lead generation programmes
- Develop highly personalised and targeted CRM strategies
- Customer loyalty programme development
- Automation of comms programmes
- Performance measurement and optimisation
- Understands the principles of heuristics / behavioural economics and how they can be applied in campaigns / creative
- Has a strong working knowledge in:
- Advanced data analytics – deep understanding and practical experience of segmentation / modelling
- Digital analytics - setting up the tracking and measurement of digital footprints (tagging methodology and digital analytics)
- Media performance and attribution
- Performance optimisation – set up robust test, learn and optimisation programs
- The platforms / infrastructure / suppliers of technology that enable and deliver client multi-channel communication programs and customer experiences.
- Will have some experience in one or more of the following analytics and visualisation tools; Fast Stats / Tableau / Alteryx / Microsoft BI. Ideally has some experience in scoping and selling tools to clients
- Will have had experience in some or all of the following sectors – retail, automotive, pharma, financial services, travel
- Some project scoping and management experience advantageous – i.e. can lead an analytics project
AT MRM, RELATIONSHIP IS OUR MIDDLE NAME.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s):
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic