About the Role:
The Associate Strategist will report to the Sr. Strategist/Strategy Director and provide support to multiple brands. This role will work with Account, Analytics, UX, and Creative teams to identify and leverage industry and consumer trends, combined with brand strengths and opportunities to develop strong marketing and communication strategy. S/he will have the ability to see the brand through the eyes of the consumer, understanding their wants and needs and identifying smart and innovative marketing opportunities through data analysis and research. The best candidate understands primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative research, with the ability to know the difference between data and insights, executions and ideas, and able to turn knowledge into actionable recommendations and inspiring creative briefs.
- Work with analytics team to cultivate insights through data and information analysis; develop strategic recommendations to optimize performance
- Support internal account teams by understanding business objectives/challenges and proactively identifying ways to move the business forward
- Develop target audience insights and create personas through data analysis, secondary research and qualitative observations
- Facilitate a strong partnership with the creative team and provide valuable insight throughout the creative process; Creative brief development, writing and presentation
- Collaborate with clients and partner agencies on key projects and initiatives
- Identify research needs and recommend appropriate methodology based on objectives
- Conduct communication audits and competitive assessments that influence the clients’ business and identify new marketing opportunities
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from all available sources to provide strategic implications and creative inspiration
- Monitor cultural and social trends, their impact on consumers attitudes, behavior and perception
- Conduct ad hoc research and answer business insight questions through research design and planning
- Attend client meetings and represent strategy at internal meetings with cross functional teams
- Create multichannel marketing strategies - CRM/CRM, social, search, display/OLA, direct mail, and more.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- Experience in strategic planning within an agency, with a background in CLM/CRM and digital marketing
- Strong analytic skills and a robust understanding of digital metrics
- Knowledge of digital advertising, email and social media
- Curious, independent thinker driven to find new, innovative ways of engaging with consumers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently in a deadline-driven process; ability to change course/focus easily
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills
- Collaboration and teamwork; eager to learn/active, open listener
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, especially in writing cohesive, organized and professional (client-worthy) PowerPoint presentation decks
- Ability to see the big picture but also develop detail-oriented strategically driven tactics
- Ability to tell a story about the industry or consumer, with data as the support, not the focus
- Resourceful mining secondary sources for insights
- Skill and confidence in presenting to clients and colleagues
- Ability to work independently and lead projects through to completion
- Solid understanding of qualitative and quantitative research, both in design/planning and analysis
- Direct client experience or interaction
- Experience writing thought provoking, inspiring creative briefs
- Experience managing qualitative and quantitative research projects
NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED.
MRM Detroit is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. McCann Detroit participates in e-Verify.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-6310
- b) Dedicated E-mail – Careers@mwgdetroit.com
- c) US Mail – ATTN: Human Resources, 360 W. Maple Birmingham, MI 48009
- d) Dedicated Phone – 248-203-8000
NOTE: Disability accommodation requests only.