MRM Worldwide is committed to being the most relevant, effective, indispensable marketing agency in the digital world. We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to meet each client’s unique challenges with positive, measureable results. Our strategic, creative, and technological expertise – including deep experience with segmentation, targeting, and analytic tools and methodologies – deliver the most effective marketing programs and platforms in the world.
About the Role:
A team player with experience in website production, you will be able to share your skills and experience with fellow coders while working as a key contributor to the production of our many high profile websites.
We work with leading-edge technologies, which change continuously. Therefore you must be keen to learn new tools and technologies, pick up and understand new systems and processes and enjoy problem solving. You will face several different projects in parallel so you must be able to handle more than one project at a time and be mindful of the importance of timely delivery. You will be comfortable with the responsibility of looking after live content and overseeing others work. You will be a good communicator, able to share your knowledge and ideas with others.
- Take lead role in website production offering client-side expertise from the outset.
- Take responsibility for live content.
- Actively share knowledge with fellow coders and encourage best practice in the department.
- Build and improve tools and processes to assist in website production.
- Suggest and develop ways of improving working practice.
- Support and encourage other developers.
- Stay abreast of developments in web-site technologies and techniques.
- Take on role of “Webmaster” for a number of sites. Focusing on client-side, this involves
- Keeping site documentation up to date.
- Staying abreast of any guidelines concerning the site.
- Making sure the site is generally in good condition.
- Gain knowledge in server-side coding and familiarity with Java as well as configuring websites through Apache.
Education and Experience:
- Must have raw (non-WYSIWYG) HTML programming.
- Knowledge of server side scripting languages such as JavaServer Pages (JSP), PHP, Perl, etc
- Must have knowledge of cross-browser issues and solutions.
- Must have knowledge and practical experience in solving accessibility issues.
- Adobe PhotoShop skills and knowledge of graphic file formats preferred.
- Must be able to apply best practice working methodologies and processes.
- Must be familiar with standard software-development lifecycles and project-management methodologies (such as Agile).
- Great attention to detail and QA testing are paramount.
- Must have a keen interest in web-site technology and aptitude for problem solving.
- Knowledge of web server administration (Apache) and version control software, ideally Subversion preferred.
- Knowledge of server-side practices and technologies, ideally Java based platforms preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years commercial experience.
Minimum technical skills:
- Photoshop image preparation for the web
MRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-6310
- b) Dedicated E-mail – email@example.com
- c) US Mail – 360 W. Maple Birmingham, MI 48009
- d) Dedicated Phone – 248-203-8000