Job Title: Medical Editor
About this role:
- Meticulous copyediting and proofreading
- Fact-checking references for all materials
- Bringing promotional copy into compliance with FDA regulations
- Ensuring all pieces conform to the Client’s specific style guidelines
- Maintaining and distributing Client- /product-specific guidelines among staff editors
- Ensuring content is accurate and referenced appropriately
- Serving as the Client’s contact authority for all editorial issues
- Interacting with agency team members regarding brand tactics
- Attendance at all daily status, kick-off, and any other team meetings requiring editorial perspective/input for the brand
- Maintaining source and reference files
- Pursuing and documenting grants of permission regarding published materials for Client tactics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in medical editing within a pharmaceutical agency or Client setting
- Experience in product launch—US and global
- Stickler for accuracy and perfectionism—relentless attention to detail
- Familiarity with FDA regulations regarding promotional copy of prescription drugs
- Well-versed in the American Medical Association Manual of Style
- Fluency in review of digital/interactive/tablet PC tactics as well as print
- Strong research skills
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences, pre-med
At MRM, Relationship is our Middle name.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.