The Quality Assurance Manager reports to the VP, Director of Operations and is primarily responsible for the overall quality of output delivered by the Agency. Output is defined as any tangible artifact created and/or modified by Agency staff across any discipline.
It is critical that the Quality Assurance (QA) discipline report into a neutral department within the Agency so that no conflicts of interest exist across any of the accounts or discipline areas. For this reason, it is also critical that this role work collaboratively across all teams to (1) ensure the appropriate members of the QA team are engaged early and often in every project that includes the delivery of assets created or modified by the Agency; (2) ensure that all Agency output is ultimately routed and approved for delivery by a designated member of the QA team; and (3) ensure that all Integrated Producers are trained and familiar with the entire QA process and the team’s capabilities from end to end, and that all Producers are engaged in ensuring that, as an Agency requirement, all digital deliverables are approved by the QA team prior to delivery to client.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the supervision, oversight and overall growth of the entire QA team.
- Frequently and gracefully assesses and provides feedback on the level of QA service rendered by each team member, and provides them with resources, coaching and/or training to continuously improve
- Solid understanding of each process provided by QA discipline to the Agency and its Clients
- Manages team assignments for QA discipline using the MRM Agile methodology and the Agency’s Atlassian Toolset (i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Collaborates with various cross-functional leads and their teams and clients in terms of socializing all QA processes and championing the successes of the team, while constructively working to constantly improve processes and final output
- Collaborates closely with the Agency’s Digital Delivery Council and Agency Leadership to ensure that all digital output to be delivered to clie properly routed through QA
- Owns and drives testing processes across QA practice
- Works with Development team to build and maintain comprehensive QA Test environments
- Creates and maintains QA schedules using Jira
- Defines, generates, refines and socializes QA-related metrics for projects, portfolios and Executive team summary
- Leads automation testing initiative to reduce manual testing where possible on digital delivery front
- Partners with Marketing Automation Lead and team in developing ways to better test our MA output based on volumes, resources, platforms, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related preferred
- 3 – 5 years of people management with a proven record of accomplishment of building and growing large strong teams
- At least 5 years of experience shipping high-quality software products and services
- Experience in testing for agency digital deliverables
- Experience in performance/stress testing
- Experience in Agile iterative testing
- Experience in automation engineering and testing a plus
- Strong customer focus and passion for doing what’s right for the client
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Great organizational skills and an eye for details
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Strong influencer and advocate for Testing & Quality Control during overall SDLC
- Is data driven and sets clear, measurable quality goals for the QA practice
- Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards
- Has experience and conviction around measures to quantify quality of digital deliverables
- 3+ years of digital/web Quality Assurance
- 3+ years working in the advertising industry or related field preferred
- 1+ years as a senior-level QA analyst
- Experience managing QA teams preferred
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that helps brands foster meaningful relationship with people by leveraging the power of creativity, the beauty of data and the magic of technology.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry. People who have an insatiable dose of curiosity to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences while driving business results.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED.
MRM//McCann is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We embrace diversity in all its form. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
(a) Dedicated fax 801.257.4412
(b) Dedicated email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) US mail
(d) Dedicated phone – 801.257.7700: DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY