The Sr. Java Devleoper collaborates within a small team of developers for the design, development, and deployment of Web applications in an effort to exceed the needs of our customers. Effectively execute development tasks, and clearly communicate daily progress with your team. This position is responsible for installation configuration and support of internal/external web based business applications encompassing test and production environments.
- Designs, develops, and implements software packages for web sites.
- Consults with clients and other project team members to design, build and manage web sites.
- Trouble-shoots, debugs and implements software code.
- Quality assures all work.
- Works within a team environment, following and maintaining the specifications, guidelines and standards set by the department.
- Accurately estimates time on projects.
- May act as Technical Lead for specific projects.
- Candidate will be participating on a team performing custom development of web-based applications in a Java / EJB environment on an Oracle Application Server platform.
- When appropriate proposes and implements improvements within the organizations software engineering practices.
- Additionally responsible for resolving code bugs, performing unit tests, working on code reviews and application documentation.
- Responsible for application development, unit testing and quality assurance.
Education and Experience:
- Must have at least 5+ years designing and implementing software.
- Must have 4+ years experience in web application development.
- 2+ years experience in a digital design/production or other client-services environment is a plus.
- 2+ years of using the following: ASP.NET, C#, Visual Studio.Net, Visual SourceSafe, ADO, COM Objects, HTML, Java Script preferred is a plus
- Must have experience with N-tier application design, development and support.
- Must have expert knowledge of Object-Oriented design & development.
- Must have experience with other web-based technologies / applications including SQL, Java, JSP, PHP.
- Experience in utilizing application development methodologies.
- Experience in gathering user requirements and full lifecycle application development.
- Must have working knowledge of relational databases and stored procedures.
- 5+ years of Java(1.5) JDBC, Oracle 9ias, STRUTS (2.0),Spring, JSP, HTML, XML/XSD/XSLT/DTD.
- RDBMS -- Oracle Preferred: Oracle 9i+, Oracle Text.
- Must be Proficient in Java programming and Java design patterns.
- 3-5 years of Working knowledge of testing frameworks such as JUnit.
- 3-5 years of Working knowledge of Relational databases and SQL.
- 3-5 years of Knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Development.
- 3-5 years of Experience with middle tier / distributed environments.
- 3-5 years of Experience of working in Unix/Linux Environment.
- Very strong object-oriented design and development experience, specifically in the area. of J2EE design patterns such as Model View Controller, Command pattern, Session. Facade, Data Access Object Pattern, etc.
- Solid understanding of databases and database connectivity. Oracle RDBMS preferred.
- Is proficient in the entire software development lifecycle.
- Java Programmer - Graphics/GUI experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio C++ a plus.
- Knowledge of Database management (SQL server).
- Familiarity with both in Unix and Windows environments.
NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED.
MRM//McCann Detroit is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. MRM//McCann Detroit participates in e-Verify.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
- a) Dedicated Fax - 917-661-6310
- b) Dedicated E-mail – Careers@mwgdetroit.com
- c) US Mail – ATTN: Human Resources, 360 W. Maple Birmingham, MI 48009
- d) Dedicated Phone – 248-203-8000