As an Account Supervisor, you will be responsible for monitoring and guiding the execution of all work that is delivered from the agency. You will provide excellent client service, applying the agency’s best resources and effectively managing people across departments to ensure that programs are flawlessly executed on-time and on-budget.
What Will You Do?
- Build relationships with the appropriate client level
- Understand the internal and external process for execution
- Be intimately familiar with the client’s brand, product, market conditions and competitors
- Manage the day-to-day work flow
- Review agency proposals and recommendations
- Ensure weekly status report is completed and kept current
- Recap client comments to internal partners through a Contact Report
- Develop project briefs and obtain necessary approvals, both internal and external
- Help draft, in partnership with Strategy, creative briefs, and communicate briefs to Creative, Production and Traffic
- Ensure all work is accurate, reflects client comments, meets brand requirements and is on strategy
- Ensure all work is delivered on time
- Review appropriate work in progress prior to client presentation
- Participate in weekly staff meeting
- Attend interdepartmental briefing
- Assist in hiring, managing, developing and promoting junior team members
- Manage client’s budget within agency
- Work closely with upper management to identify and suggest solutions on how to improve interdepartmental and account team morale
- Support the Account Director’s leadership
- Develop proactive business building ideas
- Keep abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances
- Keep manager appraised of work
- Know exactly where everything is at any given time!
What Do You Need?
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal department and client relationships
- Be both a team player and team builder
- Be a problem solver
- Ability to establish priorities and objectives and make realistic commitments
- Ability to balance the needs of the client with the agency
- Ability to head off potential conflicts and problems before they materialize, and have strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and willingness to take assignments readily
- The confidence to offer unsolicited suggestions and ideas
- Desire to maintain and continually improve personal knowledge base
- Ability to change course of action when appropriate or necessary
- Ability to handle pressure and stress without sacrificing quality
- Ability to maintain constructive project goal direction in the face of unanticipated time constraints
- Superior organization skills and be detail oriented
- Professional and positive attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Great listening skills
- Computer literate; proficient in MS Office Suite
At MRM, Relationship is our Middle name.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.