Optaros, the e-commerce arm of MRM//McCann is hiring a VP of Delivery
Optaros is a strategic, creative, e-commerce agency, focused on the visual design and technical implementation of e-commerce websites. Our talented strategists, designers, user experience experts, technologists, and project managers provide expert advice, guidance, and solutions that ultimately convert customers online and increase e-commerce sales and transactions. Optaros is a digital commerce unit of McCann Worldgroup, a fully owned subsidiary of IPG
The VP of Delivery and Operations is responsible for the oversight of the Project Management Office (PMO), project margin, resource management/staffing/utilization, operational scale, efficiency and optimization, and business development support.
- Oversee the project management function on a global level
- Support the establishment, rollout, and optimization of the PMO, including all reporting, processes, workflow, project planning, risk and issue mitigation, and project management templates
- Serve as an escalation path for department employees to help solve client issues, conflicts, and gridlocks related to project delivery
- Support the PMO (as needed) in the mapping of account structure and governance models
- Be aware of project health (red/yellow/green) and partner with Client Services to optimize client satisfaction through quality delivery
- Support SOW and financial review process and own sign off prior to client submission
- Support estimations for client services/PMO/biz dev, targeting 65% margin on estimation. Lower margin requires approval from the ELT
- Work with PMO/project managers to forecast project effort on a weekly basis and map back actuals to show percentage complete vs budget spent (i.e. Earned vs Burned).
- Facilitate and support PMO transparency and communication of financial health to the SLT/ELT/Client Services
- Own revenue forecast based on project plans. Warn SLT/Finance if burn against forecast will fall short and if hitting a revenue target is at risk
- Establish mitigation plans and staffing solutions to ensure that forecasts will not be missed
- Resource Management will report to this role, but the VP of Delivery will be ultimately accountable for resource management and capacity planning
- Ensure the integrity of project plan data, Projector inputs, and utilization data
- Partner with the SLT to create a training plan that includes all departments based on a the budget provided by finance
- Work with resource management to establish weekly reporting for the SLT/ELT, in order to provide visibility into the needs of the business
- Work with department leads to ensure staff utilization is optimized against target goals of 90% billable
- Partner with sales to get visibility into the sales pipeline and plan/scale as needed. Support growth through identification of staffing, hiring, and training needs. Pushing revenue out should be the very last resort--always work to grow the business
- Partner with recruiting and resource management to forecast needs and open job recs
- Partner with recruiting to create clear job specs and support on-campus recruiting
- Identify third party parties/freelancers in order to scale and retract quickly
Efficiency and Optimization:
- Partner with Tech leadership to develop efficiencies by developing accelerators, code libraries, reusable components, etc. Increase speed to market of standard implementations
- Partner with line managers and the PMO to increase efficiencies across strategy, creative, UX, and technology. Help unify these departments for the sake of efficient project delivery
Business Development and Client Upsell
- Support business development and Client Partners to sell in net new work
- Participate in pitches and client meetings, as needed, in order to secure net new work
At MRM, Relationship is our Middle name.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.