Optaros, the e-commerce arm of MRM//McCann is hiring a Project Manager to their growing team.
Optaros is a strategic, creative, e-commerce agency, focused on the visual design and technical implementation of e-commerce websites. Our talented strategists, designers, user experience experts, technologists, and project managers provide expert advice, guidance, and solutions that ultimately convert customers online and increase e-commerce sales and transactions. Optaros is a digital commerce unit of McCann Worldgroup, a fully owned subsidiary of IPG
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Work closely with design leads, technical leads, QA leads and clients to drive project planning and execution
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality
- Communicate timelines and approval framework for cross team understanding
- Manage and maintain project information, including feature definition, scope and budget
- Manage project financials including revenue forecast and project margin
- Track milestones and tasks with assigned teams
- Manage cross team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocking issues
- Identify significant risks and unknowns, and define and drive resolution plans
- Facilitate team discussions and resolve conflict
- Identify and remove impediments that block the team’s ability to meet project objectives
- Perform higher-level project tracking, reporting and metrics
- Provide timely status reports; introduce mitigation tactics to minimize project delivery risks
- Ensure best practices as defined by PMO are met
- Drive information sharing, and capturing and disseminating of best practices across the PMO
- 5+ years in project management within a professional services company. Agency experience highly preferred
- Must have experience in managing major and complex projects with design and technical components
- Applicant should have full life cycle experience with projects
- Must have experience with current software programs (Atlassian suite, Smartsheets, MS Office, Outlook, etc.)
- Must demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills and be able to operate independently
- Must be a clear thinker, able to think strategically and act tactically
- Proven ability to analyze quantitatively, solve problems, scope technical requirements and prioritize project work
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Thrive in the face of ambiguity and not be deterred to address and prioritize multiple projects
- Must be a team builder who can develop and maintain strong relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both internally and externally
- Experience leading requirements gathering sessions and establishing task prioritization
- Must be able and willing to travel to client sites as required
At MRM, Relationship is our Middle name.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.