The Technical Lead is a member of the MRM//McCann technology team. This role involves complex and unique technical problems, and requires the ability to collaborate with the strategy and creative team leaders. The Technical Lead will be required to exude extensive technical knowledge of multiple subject areas, including, CMS, Mobile Apps and Web Services. The work on this project is highly collaborative and requires ingenuity and creativity. The Technical Lead also functions as the team leader for the technology staff and has experience managing/directing teams of up to 10 people.
- Perform high-level technical scoping of project requirements.
- Work with the leadership team to evaluate and/or contribute to SOWs, cost and schedule estimates.
- Leadership of the technical team on assigned clients through the high-level design exercises.
- Leadership and support for specific assigned clients through entire project lifecycle, ensuring technical requirements, specifications, and deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Analyze client systems and make recommendations based on the analysis.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems and applications.
- Lead the process of practice improvement within the technology department in the areas of repeatable software development processes, quality assurance, and rapid acquisition of expertise in new technologies.
- Lead the development of prototypes and proof-of-concept solutions to aid in organizational learning and new business development.
- Assist in gathering detailed system requirements and project scoping
- Lead system architecture design and specification documentation
- Recommend the appropriate technology solutions based on a complete understanding of the requirements.
- Provide input to the development and maintenance of overall project plan.
- Provide on-going feedback to the software engineering and web development teams.
- Analyze, make recommendation, and/or set specifications regarding hosting requirements and deployment strategy.
- 5+ years coding experience in LAMP, Java/J2E or .NET, including proven skill sets in server and client side programming and best practices.
- Degree in computer science or related experience.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, UML, knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, tools, vendors, and products.
- Deep understanding and practical real-world experience in design, development, and operations of high volume, distributed, integrated enterprise scale web applications and platforms with emphasis on performance and scalability.
- Experience in performing requirements gathering & technical specifications driving the results to a SOW, budgetary estimates or overall project plan.
- Experience with web browsers, web based user interface technologies, standards, frameworks, and industry trends.
- Strong data modeling and data architecture skills (relational and unstructured), including data mapping and data migration.
- Experience with web security standards and best practices (ex. OWASP).
- Experience with integrating systems using web services or other integration technologies.
- Ability to analyze and understand complex workflows and processes, and to develop innovative approaches to streamlining and automating them.
- Experience with industry leading application servers and CMS such as BEA, WebSphere, AEM, SiteCore, Interwoven, Drupal and Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Can thrive in a dynamic and relatively unconventional environment.
- Driven to achieve a high level of client and customer satisfaction.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passion for delivering high quality products.
At MRM, Relationship is our Middle name.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
We love our diverse workplace! MRM//McCann is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.